Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Swinging into the Blogging Community


Hey,
I would like to thank you all for visiting my blog. I have decided to work on this blog as my New Year’s ResolutionWe will see how long I can keep up with it.

My name is Tess, and I attend Texas A&M at Texarkana. I am seeking a bachelor’s degree in Interdisciplinary Skills EC-6 with SPED EC-12. I am graduating in December of 2013. This is my field based semester.

I hope to use this blog to inform you of what I have learned, and share ideas I have thought of and discovered from blogs, Pinterest, books, and Google searches. :)

Hope you will enjoy this blog. If you see any ideas you like, steal it! I don’t blame you at all

I will attach PowerPoint Presentations as pdf files. I have created these, so you can print and use them. They include team-building activities, center activities, among other ideas.

I have constantly worked in the educational community. As a child, I “taught” my baby dolls. I worked my HS Senior year in my mom’s classroom. I bonded wonderfully with the students in there, and learned many new ideas for my future classroom. After graduating, I worked at a preschool for 2 years. During this time I taught my babiesthree year olds. Currently, I substitute for 2 different districts. I LOVE IT! Working with students is definitely enjoyable. I take a notebook around with me each time I sub to jot down ideas I want to steal. I ALWAYS tell the teachers that I have stolen ideas! I hope it makes them SMILE :) 

Hopefully, you will find this blog helpful. I know I have found a variety of educational blogs out there helpful for me! On a final note, I would love to hear comments and ideas! Feel free to share.

REMEMBER: Don’t teach to the children, teach for the children!

Sincerely,
Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment